Monday 15 June 2015

Annual Report 2014/2015: Cllr Jean Calvert

My priority is to represent every corner of the ward and I try to attend as many local community groups as possible, but this is not always possible as some groups meet on the same day and at the same time.

Local Groups with whom I am involved are as follows:
  • Ashbrow Ward Committee - Chair
  • Abbey Road TRA
  • Bradley Forum
  • Bradley TRA
  • Chobb and Brackenhall TRA
  • Community First Panel
  • Deighton and Brackenhall Initiative Partnership Board - Chair
  • Deighton Carnival
  • Fartown Neighbourhood Watch
  • Fresh Horizons
  • Keldregate TRA
  • Local Services 2 You
  • Neighbourhood Management Group
  • Netherwood Close TRA
  • Richmond Avenue TRA
  • Woodscape
I have participated in the following Council Meetings during the year:
  • Full Council
  • Deputy leader and Cabinet Member for Children and Young Peoples Service (Safeguarding)
  • Huddersfield Planning Committee
  • Kirklees Childrens Trust
  • Kirklees Childrens Safeguarding Board
  • CSE Panel
  • Citizens of Service Ammassador
  • Personnel Committee
  • Devolution Working Party
  • Early Intervention and Prevention Working Party
  • Poverty Working Group
  • Policy Committee
  • Tour De France Working Group
I have attended various training sessions and conferences over the last twelve months all of which have helped me with the various roles that I represent the Council for.

I have helped numerous constituents through the year with advice and appropriate help when it has been called for.  I have attended public meetings  in Fixby, Bradley, Fartown and Sheepridge over various issues.

Of course the biggest project of all within the ward is the Deighton and Brackenhall Initiative and this has reaped over £8 million which has seen massive changes to our area.  I am proud to have chaired this body since it began and we are now coming toward the end of the Initiative.  My thanks go out to everyone who has been involved in this project.

Constituents can contact me if they know of any other group that may need my assistance in the ward.   If there are particular problems or areas that need my help please also let me know.  I would also ask constituents to give some suggestions to how we can deliver things differently in the future with the introduction of District Committees. 
 
Anyone would who like to volunteer to help local groups work better please also contact me via email: jean.calvert@kirklees.gov.uk